Thursday, November 10, 2022

Ident

Sasha and I decided to split the idents we made, her posts are linked here and here.

For my film company name, I was inspired by the indie American company A24, and initially chose L48 for a 48 hour film competition I had participated in. 

This was my temporary ident, I wanted to create something that wasn't digital, and chose an alarm clock with letter shaped gummy bears, as I thought it was unconventional, and wanted to show my company as creative and alternative.  I used the diegetic sound of the alarm for the ident as well. 


To develop my ident, I wanted to maintain the same concept. I researched several film openings, and was inspired by the opening scene of Napoleon Dynamite (2004). 


Here is my second ident

I decided to use carrots and hummus to create a similar effect, and used the carrots rather than a sauce to spell the name of my company. 

For the sound, I added a crunch at the end, and wanted to keep the ident simple but unconventional and quirky to reflect the indie film company. 

I then decided to re-film my ident and use a time-lapse to make it look more professional. I also added non-diegetic music from GarageBand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To My Blog!

Hello! My name is Laura and this is my blog tracking my AS Media Coursework from 2022-2023.  I specifically researched film openings and the...