Friday, March 10, 2023

Sound and Soundtrack

To present my process I have made a podcast and uploaded it to Youtube

My points are summarised below: 

Ident- GarageBand, looped sounds until I found one I liked. 

Opening Sequence/Hand of God- church bells recorded and looped, ambient sound recorded, singing done by friend and layered (Cherry Falls inspired), school bell from FCPX

Street Scene- bottle and drinking recorded, dialogue re-recorded, ambient street sound overlapping with ambient forest sound (both recorded). 

Forest Scene- foley footsteps recorded during shoot, ambient forest sound recorded but owls and wind added from FCPX to make it spookier, snapping down by chopstick and echo added, phone ringtone recorded, heartbeat from FCPX, and static found online. 

Title- pipes recorded, slashing sounds recorded by knives and melon, splatter found online, phone receiver found online (Scream inspired).

Locker Scene- clicking recorded, ambient sound recorded in canteen, foley footsteps and dialogue rerecorded due to background humming, piano and singing cover of "Killer Queen" recorded through a friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To My Blog!

Hello! My name is Laura and this is my blog tracking my AS Media Coursework from 2022-2023.  I specifically researched film openings and the...